gtk and gnome background LM 8.0

I upgraded my libgtk's on account of making evolution more usable. (see
description of how I resolved it below.)

But now, when I open the Gnome Control-center, go to the change
background screen and click "browse" to look through the pictures on my
computer, it crashes.  Actually it goes back to the main control center
window, so I guess the background-properties-capplet is what crashes.

Here's the feedback from the terminal window when I run
"background-properties-capplet" from there.

"background-properties-capplet: error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.0: symbol fnmatch, version GLIBC_2.2.3 not
defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference"

What does this mean and how can I fix it?
Also, how can I set the background manually?

I am running Linux-Mandrake 8.0 freq2.  I upgraded my libgtk packages
from the Mandrake cooker releases.

-Paul Rodríguez

  - EVOLUTION FIX BELOW -

Upgrading my libgtk libraries resolved an issue I was experiencing
completing the "to:" and "CC:" fields.  It would stop accepting input
after the first letter, forcing me to either click on one of the
contacts which appeared in drop-down fashion from the menu, or click on
the input field again.  Works pretty now.  :)

But... it did break rpmdrake.  In order to resolve this issue, I
uninstalled rpmdrake, installed the gtk+mdk-0.1.5-5mdk.i586.rpm package
from cd1 of the installation cds.  Then reinstalled rpmdrake and voilla!

Good luck.  But be careful.  (see above)