Nautilus problems...

Hi,

I have been having problems with Nautilus for some time now. When I click on "mike's Home" on my desktop ( I have my preferences set to activate items with single-click) and three windows will appear of my home directory, and then nautilus will redraw the desktop. This happens almost everytime now, and is very ennoying (nautilus is slow enough as it is, without three other windows popping up making everything slower.)

I appreciate any help

Thanks,
Michael Weichert