Re: move window to another workspace?

I am going to follow on to that question with a related one:

I want to open several windows at login time.  I want to be able to put
the windows in each of four workspaces.

Example:

I need to demo a software product on my laptop.  When I log in as 'demo'
I want all the necessary windows to open up in the appropriate
workspaces so that demo is ready to begin?

How can I script this so that it starts automatically on login?  Is this
a sawfish thing or a gnome thing?  Can someone point me in the right
direction?

Thanks

Alex.