Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus vs. gmc.
- From: Ian McKellar <ian eazel com>
- To: Brandon Wilson <bwilson geonetservices com>
- Cc: nautilus-list lists eazel com, gnome-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus vs. gmc.
- Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 14:30:57 -0700
On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 02:28:41PM -0500, Brandon Wilson wrote:
> Hi all,
> Well, i've got a bit of a delima on my hands. I'm trying to create a secure desktop for remote users to login to, and they NEED filemanager access. However they can't have access to see anything but their $home and their project dir. I need to edit the source for ether nautilus or gmc, so when it loads up the ONLY two dirs they see are $HOME and $PROJECT. Of course they can see everything recursive of those, but nothing above it. Does anyone have some function I can replace in the source of eather program, perferably nautilus, but nautilus IS rather complex and I can see gmc being alot easier to modify. Thanks for any help!
This is the least of your worries - you'll have to edit the source for every
they might ever launch. Have you looked into chrooting them or something?
] [Thread Prev