(ximian) Gnome 1.4 - Lurkers feedback

Hi All,

I've been lurking on this list for years now, joining with the intent of
contributing to the whole Gnome effort - times past and I haven't done a
damn thing, except voyering on this list and using linux/X/gnome (and the
occasional toy with kde) on my desktop for years, and enthusing about same
to my workmates etc. I've just installed ximian onto my little thinkpad
(PII233) with this incredibly cool, though not overly flexible and slightly
crashy, red carpet thing and the whole thing is positvely dreamy - red
carpet, the whole gnome feel and set of apps etc (i'm even going to try and
get used to sawfish this time instead of simply re-installing
enlightenment) - so thanks to all of you who have invested a lot more of
effort than I have - the result is very impressive.
The one caveat on this is nautilus - it's a beautiful thing and reflects a
lot of though and effort, but its so fat its unusable for me. Grinds my
machine to a grinding halt. I could upgrade my hardware, but frankly
setting win4lin to run in 24 mb and using ie5 is a much snapier and
effective use of ram and cycles than any mozilla derivative, be it mozilla
straight, navigator 6, or nautilus - thank god for gmc or dare I say kfm.

Congratualtions on a very impressive set of products
Glenn