Re: Nautilus: Edit Preferences -> View Preferences ?!?!?!?!?

Let's break it down.

First, the setting I speak of is NOT under "Edit Preferences -> View
Preferences."  It's in the selection (Drop-down list box) on the right where
the options are "View as Icons | View as List || View as Other..." and when
you select "View as Other..." only THEN do you find a button that says
"Modify" to change the defaults.

If it *WERE* under "Edit Preferences" it wouldn't be as hard to find.

Furthermore, the "View as Other" dialog is cryptic and unnatural.  This
dialog is supposed to be aimed only at the directory/folder in view as
stated by the first line of text in the dialog.  There is a list box that
makes no clear indication that you should select an entry.  And once you
Click "Modify" even the subsequent dialog is a little hard to follow.

Furthermore, under "Preferences" (Under the symbol) there is no such menu
"Edit Preferences -> View Preferences."  The stated menu does not exist at
all.  However, as stated, that is where such a preference setting SHOULD be
located.

So no, I'm not making a silly mistake.  The previously stated comment was
entirely wrong.  And I am using Nautilus version 1.0.2, not a previous
version.

There I go again venting my frustrations on strangers.  I'm sorry.  My wife
beats me and my children don't respect me any more.  No one likes my
software any more and now I have to learn this Gnome crap just so I can keep
up with the competition...

Sincerely,
Bill Gates