Want to code gnome-terminal image scaling. gnome libs question

I would like to edit gnome-terminal to make it scale the pixmap
background, rather than tiling it.  I don't know if the support for that
kind of graphics will be in gnome-libs or gdk-pixbuf, but I think it is
on the way. I just dont know where to look.

If I make this work, I'll contribute a patch back. I patched
gnome-terminal to allow the command line --pixmap option, and if I could
get scaled images and adjustable shading, I'd thing gnome-terminal is
just about perfect.

--
Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn ukans edu