ximian installer grayed out, RH7, Gnome 1.2.1

Hi.  Trying to run the ximian installer, RH 7.0, running Gnome 1.2.1
I've got all the rpms, I've got the packageinfo.xml (unzipped), I've got the
installer (unzipped).  All these live in the same directory.
Nonetheless, the installer button stays grayed out when I select the
directory containing all the above.  (Also read the FAQ, FWIW).  I even
tried having a copy of packageinfo.xml renamed to packages.xml.  All to
no avail.  Not working.  What else should I try?

TIA

--
John P. Verel
Norwalk, CT