gnome-terminal not working

Hello,

I have recently upgraded the Kernel to 2.4.3, on a Redhat 7.0 system.
Since then I cannot use the gnome-terminal as a user.  It comes up with
the following message :

	There has been an error while trying to log in.
	If you are using Linux 2.2.x with glibc 2.1.x, this is
	probably due to incorrectly setup Unix 98 ptys.

	Please read linux/Documentation/Changes for how to set
	them up correctly.

When trying to start it from an XTerm window there is also the following
message :
	Error: unable to fork: Success

However, the problem dissappears when I run gnome-terminal as user
root.

Thank you for any help/hints on how to fix this.

Ray

--
rdelevaux cardaccess com au

Card Access Services Pty Ltd