Re: Gnome 1.2 to 1.4

On 16 Apr 2001 19:49:00 +0200, Stef wrote:

> Hi fellow gnome users,
>
> I'm having a problem with upgrading from  gnome 1.2 to 1.4 on slackware
> 7.1. When compiling gnome-core-1.4.0.1 the configure script is
> complaining about this library or file missing 'capplet' i've looked on
> freshmeat on the ftp site for gnome but can't find this file or library
> nowhere. It's also not mentioned in the mandatory file list.
>
> Who can help me with this issue.

This is also one of the most boring issues I had while installing Gnome
from sources for the first time (also Slack 7.1 btw). But when I found
myself behind a Red Hat box, I did a `rpm -qf /usr/lib/libcapplet.so`
and it pointed me to the control-center package. But I still find it
annoying that the configure script complains about libcapplet and not
about control-center as whole, because there is no other way to install
libcapplet than by installing control-center....

Bart