Re: Screen Resolution

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 10:35:48PM -0500 or thereabouts, Asher Freese wrote:

> pico/joe/vi/whatever /etc/X11/XF86Config

Please, if you're going to recommend editing XF86Config, warn people
to take a backup of it first!

> and it'll start up with 800x600 res, and a ctl-alt-+ will change between all
> the res's listed on that line

...if there are appropriate modelines in that file for it.

On RH, I would do it by running XConfigurator as root (that command is
case-sensitive, btw). Answer the questions, and you should get to a
"what resolutions and depths do you want?" You can select multiple
options for that, not just one.

And I would -still- take a backup first.

The control-alt-[plus or minus from the numberpad] combination is
used to flick through the results as per the post I replied to. It
might be worth trying those before editing anything, just in case
you have that setup already.

Telsa