Re: gnome-wm not running

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 03:02:47AM -0700 or thereabouts, Rick Hansen wrote:
> By the by I am using sawfish .38. All gnome apps and
> libs were compiled from source. I did find a temporary
> work around. I made my .xinitrc look like this:
>
> sawfish &
> gnome-session
>
> That seems to get a windows manager up and running and
> doesnt apear to cause any problems. I can even
> configure it from the gnome control center. Does
> anyone know if this will cause any problems, crashes,
> political strife both at home and abroad? I would

Whilst I now just have "gnome-session" in mine, I had
wmaker &
gnome-session

in mine for months. The only thing I found was that closing
GNOME via foot->desktop->logout  would leave my wmaker-set
background still there and I'd have to control-alt-backspace.
However, I leave X running for weeks and months at a time,
so this was rarely a problem for me :)

Eventually I wondered what would happen without the "wmaker &"
line and discovered, um, I hadn't needed it all along. Ahem.

Telsa