Re: GNORPM: What the heck is going on?

If the goal is a sorted list of installed packages, why not just use:

        rpm -qa | sort

At 08:45 AM 4/6/2001, Paul E Johnson wrote:
I want to use gnorpm to see an alphabetized list of all RPMs installed
and delete the many,many,many unneeded ones thrown in my RedHat version
7.0. I want to see the list of all RPMS, and possibly the filespace they
are using (as in xrpm).  I don't care what category the packager chose
for his gift, because those always help in figuring out what I need and
what I don't.

So when gnorpm starts up, I see topical subdivisions of packages, and I
figure, maybe, I can go to "preferences" and tell it to list all
packages. When I go to preferences, then gnorpm goes online and starts
downloading files from some redhat site, and it takes a while. Quite a
few of the files it downloads obviously apply to things I don't have,
like an Alpha system or powertools for old RedHat versions. After all
that downloading, then the gnorpm tab for "distributions" lists a bunch
of things like

6.1  Powertools Alpha
6.1  Powertools SRPMS

//there are lots of these, none of which apply to RedHat 7.0, which I
currently use.

Can somebody give me a heads up on why all this functionality is being
inserted into gnorpm? What is the point?  WHy won't it do what I want
instead?
--
Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn ukans edu