Re: gdm

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 05:36:11PM -0000, Anthony Gardner wrote:

> I'm trying to install gdm but it's asking for a (oops, I thought I'd
> remember without writing it down but now I'm not so sure) PAM configuration
> file (!!).
>
> It's something like that. Does anyone know about this?

hm.. yes.

PAM for pluggable authetification modules.
when you look under /etc/pam.d/ , you should find a couple
of them, each named after the app that should use it.

In my version of gdm (2.2.0) the pam-file gets created but is not working,
unfortunately; Ican get by quite well with the pam-file I use for login,
copied to gdm :).

		HTH,
		  drifter
--