Re: HD Crash Related to Gnome?

On 08 Apr 2001 10:09:25 -0400, Jay Bloodworth wrote:
> This is probably offtopic, but perhaps not, and some kind soul may be
> able to offer some constructive comments in any event.
> <blah>

Strange..... I had just about the same problem two weeks ago. After a
couple of loud clicks the harddisk did not respond, or at least it did
but very slow and with much ext2-errors. After half an hour everything
functioned like nothing has ever happened. Some specs:
WD AC10200 harddisk,
Abit BP6 board
dual Celeron 333 at 460 MHz,
Slackware Linux 7.1, kernel 2.2.18, Gnome 1.4rc1, w/o Medusa running,
and some updated apps.....
Should be strange if Gnome does this.... But Nautilus 0.8 (PR3) was the
only app to crash my Linux-box that hard that it needed a reboot. Even
telnet/ssh and ping didn't work...

Bart