Re: RedHat 7.0 Install

> I take that back: you can do something about problems with 'Doze. You can
> call them, credit card in hand, and get plenty of unhelpful answers and
> accusations against hardware and software vendors. You can also (via
> credit card) be told to delete some important files originally installed
> by winDoze that are guaranteed to make this work no longer and result in a
> reinstall of everything (seen this twice now).

:) sums up pretty well :)......
now let me sum up my problem if i may......

redhat 7 with stock kernel and 2.4.3 and redhat 7 errata for gcc fix........i
have NOT downloaded gnome 1.4 beta stuff...maybe i should would solve my
trouble ? :)

i can't boot either kernel from loadlin ( i refuse to play with lilo has
caused be grief in past ) as stock kernel stops saying can't continue
aborting after trying to mount fs......2.4.3 says kernl panic..........

both I've noticed seem to think I only have 1,500,000 or so bytes on hda3
when its in neighborhood of 6,000,000 so maybe thats what is up somehow os
can't see tables right .....i've tried e2fsck -p /dev/hda3......it finds
some  irregularities and fixes but still get those errors mentioned
above......

is it possible the new red-carpet updates or use of red-carpet have messed
with something to point of confusing my os as in anyone else having this
trouble?........

thanks :)
lee
-====