Re: RedHat 7 and Helixcode

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 04:10:58PM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
> Quoting Rob Brown-Bayliss (on_the_net clear net nz):
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I was wondering how the Helixcode distribution of Gnome will compare to RH7
> > Gnome?
> >
> > That is, if I download RH7, and do a full update will it over write my Gnome
> > with older Gnome files or will it know the difference?
>
> How about when will Helix be compiled and available for Redhat 7?

Support is in the works.  Red Hat 7 support entails two things:

- Getting our installer and updater to support the new RPM format.  This
  is done, but took work, because previously we could build the tools
  per architecture (ie i386, ppc).  Now, with rpm4, we need to support
  the incompatible db format.

- Building and testing the distribution on Red Hat 7, making sure our
  packages integrate cleanly, etc.  This is work in progress, but should
  be done soon.

We'll be posting a message about Red Hat 7 status soon, but basically,
it should happen Real Soon Now(TM).

--
Ian Peters
itp helixcode com