Installing gnome-core-1.2.1

Greetings.  I've searched the gnome archives for this problem, but
couldn't find an answer.  Thus, I'll throw it out to the list in hopes for
an answer.

In a nutshell, I am trying to install gnome-core-1.2.1.  I first installed
gnome-libs-1.2.4 and that went very smoothly.  I then installed
gdk-pixbuf-0.9.0, and again, smooth sailing.  However, when I do a
'configure' for gnome-core-1.2.1, it tells me that it can't find
gdk-pixbuf, even though I just previously installed the package.  Any
ideas?

Also, is the installation of gnome-core-1.2.x even recommended.  The
reason I ask is because I could only find a copy of gdk-pixbuf in the
unstable area of the ftp site.

-Minex(Ron Kinney)
 Dawn of Demise(dod.hpi.net 4000)
 http://dod.hpi.net

"... an experienced, industrious, ambitious, and often quite often
picturesque liar."
		-- Mark Twain