Re: gnome-print problem

On Sun, 10 Sep 2000, John Gotts wrote:

> In message <39BBF3B8 21FAF401 chalonsursaone com>, Patrick_d writes:
>
> >Hi, I've problems with gnome-print-0.22
> >when I compile gnumeric or gedit (etc...) with libgnomeprint.so.12
> >installed I get these errors :
>
> >/usr/lib/libgnomeprint.so: undefined reference to `unicode_iconv_open'
> >/usr/lib/libgnomeprint.so: undefined reference to `unicode_init'
> >/usr/lib/libgnomeprint.so: undefined reference to `unicode_iconv'
>
> >all is OK with libgnomeprint.so.6 (gnome-print-0.20) but 0.22 is
> >required for nautilus and evolution...
> >wich fail to compile with same errors as above.
>
> >thanks for advice...

I got the cvs version and followed the instructions:

 1. `aclocal'
 2. `automake'
 3. `autoconf'

After automake:

configure.in: 19: required file `./config.guess' not found
configure.in: 19: required file `./config.sub' not found
automake: configure.in: required file `./config.guess' not found
automake: configure.in: required file `./config.sub' not found
configure.in: 4: required file `./config.h.in' not found

so that configure failed:

configure: error: can not run ./config.sub

because it doesn't exist.

> The problem is that libunicode 0.4 is missing unicodeConf.sh, so that
> "unicode-config --libs" doesn't return usable results.  A lot of things build
> with this broken package, because they don't actually *use* anything in
> libunicode.  You can either grab the CVS version of libunicode or I can post a
> minimal patch to 0.4 to the list.  (I produced a local 0.4 with only the
> minimal changes to correct this defect.)

There is also libunicode-0.0.7 which seems to be even more broken.

Thanks for any help,

::::: Gene Imes			     http://www.ozob.net :::::