Re: How to change this color.....

Yura Kovalenko <yura linuxave net> writes:

> I'd like to know if it's possible to  change the color of font Gnome
> uses to display icons on the desktop. I mean, it's black, small and
> bold, I alsmot can're read it with my dark desktop pattern. Any ideas
> how to change it?
>  I saw screeshots of some GTK thmes, it seemd like people had it wit
> hdifferent colors, but changin GTK theme does never change this color.

I have this in my ~/.gtkrc:

   style "gnome-desktop-icon" {
     fg[NORMAL] = { 0.85, 0.85, 0.85 }
     bg[NORMAL] = { 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 }
   }

   widget_class "*DesktopIcon*" style "gnome-desktop-icon"

Change the fg[NORMAL] to the colour you want, with each channel going
from 0.0 to 1.0.  If you change your GTK theme from the control centre
it might overwrite this, I'm not sure how careful it is.

    Andy