regenerating gnome menus in enlightenment?

Hi, I'm new to the list and am definitely NOT a geek, so bear with me.

I just installed gnome on my solaris box and then installed enlightenment.
Everything's beautiful and dandy except "everything" is not that much
anymore: I can't even bring up a term window because my left-mouse-button
menus have disappeared.  I have no access to gnome stuff at all; therefore
I have no way to even go into a gnome session with a different window
manager.

I tried regenerating menus, tried copying the keybinding.gmc.cfg file to
~/enlightenment and restarting E, etc., but am having no luck at getting
my menus back.

Anyone know what else I should try?

Thanks,

Coleen