Re: Latest version of gnome-libs is 1.2.3 or 1.2.4?

On Sun, 3 Sep 2000, Telsa Gwynne wrote:

> > 	My question: should I be using 1.2.3 as the web page and the
> > "LATEST-IS-..." file suggests, or should I use 1.2.4 as the directory
> > seems to indicate as the latest?
>
> Hah. I imagine someone changed the "LATEST-IS.." link.
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/pipermail/gnome-list/2000-July/040173.html is
> the last I heard about this. If a new 1.2.4 has been released, I am
> of course talking rubbish. But since the 1.2.4 a few months ago
> was pulled for binary-compatibility problems, I would think that
> any new releases would have jumped to 1.2.5? Dunno..
>
> Telsa

	Some people may have seen me on #gnome-help and #gnome yesterday
(on the GIMPnet IRC network, I think) trying to get my head around a
compilation issue I was having with gnome-core-1.2.1.

	I was trying to compile gnome-core after successfully installing
gnome-libs-1.2.4 from ftp.gnome.org.....stable/sources, but I was getting
linking errors as the gcc statements appeared to be missing lots of -llib
parts.  (I had also installed all other required libs as per the page on
gnome.org)

	Has anyone known the suspected bad gnome-libs-1.2.4 to do this?
Is there anything major that was broken in 1.2.3, ie. should I try
recompiling bits and pieces after replacing 1.2.4 with 1.2.3?

	Thanks,

--
Sean Kelly <S.Kelly@ncl.ac.uk>
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it" - Alan Kay