Re: X4.0.1 & Gnome fonts

> The main fonts in Gnome (desktop, window titles, etc) are HUGE and very very
> ugly. I can't seem to change them. The same fonts show up in Java applets
> running inside Netscape. Nowhere else do I have a problem. KDE works very
> nicely, with no font problems. When I'm using the X3.3.6 server, I have no
> font problems.

Sawfish lets you configure the default font - start up the control
center, choose Sawfish window manager->appearance (it might not be
exactly this wording, my system is configured to speak Danish so I'm
just guessing). Then you can choose the theme and the default font.

But in general fonts and X don't mix very well...

--
Ole Laursen
http://sunsite.auc.dk/olau/