Re: Gnome on Solaris 8 w/depot

On Wednesday, October 25, 2000 15:41 -0700, Bryan Whitehead <driver rccacm org> wrote:
+-----
| The way depot works is this: when you build a package you change the
| prefix.
|
| So for gnome-libs (or any package) I'd do this:
| /configure --prefix=/usr/depot/sol8/gnome-libs/1.2.2
+--->8

You don't want to do that; you're telling GNOME to run out of the depot tree, that's where it will look for files, and with multiple packages each one will look in its own depot collection for files from any packages.

What you want to do is:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local
make
make install prefix=/usr/depot/sol8/gnome-libs/1.2.2 # for example

This way, packages look for files under /usr/local, but are installed into depot collections. (You probably want a depot.conf along the lines of

	~delete usr
	usr/local		/

in the collection directory as well.)

--
brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]    allbery kf8nh apk net
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]          allbery ece cmu edu