Re: Evolution 0.6 "Procompsognathus" is out

A possible situation you may be encountering (if it fails in the configure) is that gnome-config doesn't know about libunicode, but many of the latest packages expect it to (I found that adding a couple of lines to that script fixed the problem).

Upon further reading of your message, it looks like you're not trying to compile it.  I have often noticed that when getting rpms, they will specify being linked to a particular library file.  And many times I will have a newer version of the library that has a different shared file.  In my most recent work-around, I copied the former 'libgnomeprint.so.x' to another directory, upgraded the gnome-print package (with --nodeps) then copied the file back to /usr/lib.  I then tested the apps that required the old file and they worked fine.  (Actually, I tried a symlink to the new file first, but it crashed when trying to load).

I've always wondered what the numbering scheme is for the shared library files.  Would someone like to explain it?

-D