dia and time-tracker problems

First dia:

I'm using dia for some class and state diagrams in UML mode. My problem
is, if I add an element to a diagram (say, a node in a state diagram) I
can select the node but I cannot move it. I'm just using the tried
and true"grab with rbutton & move mouse" method. The element doesn't
budge, but the the status bar says "Diagram modified!".

TimeTracker:
How can I set up timetracker so that it doesn't automatically start the
timer on the currently selected task on start-up? I would prefer that the
timer starts when I tell it to, rather than when it thinks I want it to.

I've got Helix, RH 6.2.

Any help greatly appreciated,
James