my list of gnome bugs on suse 6.4 with helix-gnome-binaries

hi there,

#  i am able to crash the deskguide applet on a regular basis. Just
rapid opening and closing of windows will do it. i was just wondering
whether i am the only person experiencing this.

#  my gnucash never worked (helix - binaries) and i am not able to
start my helix update as a user (there is no password prompting???)

#  when locking the screen my password is checked and rejected no
matter what i do. it seems, that suse or gnome has a problem with
checking for passwords ...?

#  when chosing an icon, there is a box popping up. while the icons
are loading, I am often dragging the edges, to enlarge the box.
unfortunately when the loading of the icons is finished, the box
resizes itself to its original size.

#  the gnome-weather applett seems rather buggy. especially when there
are present two at the same time.

#  it´s not possible to graphically change the language.

#  while not a bug it nevertheless is difficult to assign an
application to a certain mime-type. I have to point to kde. Their way
of guiding the user is rather well.

#  comparing ggv to gv or eog to xv  I see a speed advantage towards
non gnome-programs. That wont stop me from using gnome, but at least I
know whats possible and that gnome is not there, yet.

#  there is no gnome-browser / email -program with gnome-style, yet. I
tried galeon, nautilus and evolution. Their speed is far from
aceptable. Have a look at compupic, in terms of displaying image
content it is 2 times faster than konqueror and ??10 times??? faster
than nautilus?

but there are also things i like very much about gnome.

+  the applets (processor load, mail, screenshot, xmms, gBackGround,
fish, Fannobate)

+  the control about applications (I jump to the next song with
Crt-Alt-n with the command "xmms -f")

+  the notes thing in nautilus is a charm, maybe its possible to add a
notes thing per file?

+  the different views in nautilus are great. view as musik / list /
icons...

+  the virtual folders in evolution are terrific. way to go!!!

a couple suggestions

*** in BeOs, you can mount music cd´s. well you don´t acutally mount
the cd, but a virtuall mounting takes place. it is rather consistent
for users. Accessing the cd , there are the music files and a couple
of files which are generatet on the fly and are helpful in figuring
out useful information. maybe something like this in nautilus? like a
virtual file in the / directory, explaining what´s usually in the
filesystem?

*** using the update program for other programs as well. why not
giving the choice of downloading a sendmail update for the special
system, as well?

greetings
olaf

greetings