Configuration question

Hi,

I'm new to the list.
I tried to find an answer to my question in the list log's, but didn't
find one fast enough. Maybe someone here can help me.
I'm using gnome/sawfish on slackware 7.1
Whenever I install a new gnome application it is installed in
/usr/local/share/gnome (at least the entry for the main menu is).
However, this program does not show up in the main menu.
This is also the case with menu items I install in ~/.gnome.

How do I tell gnome to look in /usr/local/share/gnome and ~/.gnome as
well ?

thanks,

Roel

 Roel Diederen                 ___