Gnome 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 crashes all the time...

Hi, is this the right place to ask for help?

Well, my linux box has been running gnome since a while now. I have RH6.1 system but have done lots of upgrades since them. Initially it was robust enough, but recently, after upgrading some things (which I don't exactly recall now), gnome started crashing. It's really bad to loose some work and have to recover every couple of hours and sometimes even minutes. That's how long crashes are taking nowadays over here:-(

Anyhow, is there a known bug that causes this bad behaviour? My /var/log/messages just say this after a crash:

Oct 20 18:59:10 aqui gnome-name-server[1205]: input condition is: 0x10, exiting

Which unfortunately, I don't know the meaning... Does anyone of you know? Please, any light would be good, I would _really_ rate to have to change my desktop. Gnome is really a major step on linux desktop'ing!

I've tried chaning kernel versions, libraries and other stuff. I event de-installed gnome-core 1.2.2 thinking it could be buggy, but the behaviour repeats with version 1.2.1... Any clues?

	Cheers, Andre.

                 Residencial Mailbox
 André Rabello dos Anjos <Andre Rabello mail com>
 Visit my homepage at: http://www.lps.ufrj.br/~rabello