Re: Gnome Panel

I was out of X when I moved ~/.gnome
I stted an applet from the console. I hadn't done this before because
I didn't know the ame of any program that were an applet, but after
reading this mail I thought of right clicking one and bingo!.
I got the error:
** WARNING **: Cannot activate a panel object

** WARNING **: Cannot start CORBA
and after that it sigfaulted.

I'm quite surprised the gnome uses CORBA, that means running gnome
remotely now means mor than just to change DISPLAY in the enviroment.

What could be wrong?

Aristied

| > Hello
| > I'm new to this list, as I'm new to gnome. I used to use KDE and
then
| > moved to window maker. Windowmaker was fine, but all of a sudden
it
| > starting segfaulting.. So, I'm using gnome.
| > A couple of days ago I had a problem, and I still can't fix it.
| > I was trying ldescent, a Descent 1 port to Linux, and suddenly
all
| > applets dissapeared from my panel, and all my windows
dissapeared.
| > After trying alt+tab with no success I pressed control alt
backspace,
| > and then I discovered my windows were still alive, anyways it was
too
| > late nd X closed.
| > Ever since my applets didn't appear back in my panel, and I can't
add
| > any applet to it. I don't get any error message or anything, they
| > just don't show up.
| > I tried renaming my ~/.gome and also created a new panel to try
in
| > that one, none worked.
| > I also tried upgrading my gnome (that was about a month old) and
that
| > didn't work either, I can't add applets to the panel.
| > I tried starting a panel from a console so if there were ny
stderr
| > messages I would see them, but I failed to even start a panel,
even
| > if I killed the old panel (because it restarts automatically).
| > Does anybody know what's going on?
|
| Odd... I'm suprised that moving ~/.gnome/ didn't do anything...
Though