Re: Question re: gnome/gtk and graphics cards

Mike,
One thing about RH7 that requires close attention is whether or not you are
actually running XF4.0.1. To be certain you are running it on all boxes,
use the following command as root:
less /var/log/XFree86.0.log
and if all three machines are showing the following header:
XFree86 Version 4.0.1a / X Window System
then you must be having a driver issue, but if the slower one is different,
then here is how to setup XF4.0.1 as the default X in RH7:
Xconfigurator --preferxf4
and you will most likely end up with XF4.

Good Luck!
Garrett Mickelson
--

Garrett Mickelson