Re: binding 'windows' key

jlwallen home com (2000-10-19 at 1242.40 -0400):
> did anyone ever come up with a way to bind the windows key to open up
> the gnome main menu?

Open Control Center and go "Desktop / Panel / Miscellaneous / Key
Bindings". Then click "Enable panel keybindings" and click "Grab Key"
of the "Popup menu key" line, then hit a keycombo that includes that
key, like RareKey + M. It will appear as Mod# or similar name, BTW,
cos X sees it that way.

No, you can not use the key alone, you have to choose another key
(letter, number, F#), but think the other way arround, you can use the
RareKey for many more things, like the "Run dialog key" or functions
of your window manager. The RareKey, as designed, is under used, if
you think twice, you can use for lots of things, I use my kerboard a
lot now, and the few times I have to go to MS Windows, I have very bad
experiences due that (add the CLI, tools, etc and it can be a big
nightmare for me ;] ).

GSR