RE: Helix & Redhat 7 (The Jones is over)

Hello, (Mark, thanks for taking the time!)

On the issue of the Sawfish config tools freezing
Gnome Control Center:

I have tried using the helixcode updater, a RedHat RPM,
and compiling a downloaded tarball.

I should probably try to do a complete job of removing all
traces before I try again....

Rather than rely on the GUI config tools, I *really* should
learn how to manipulate the text config files directly.  That is
how I ussally get things working (apache and samba are good
examples).

Pointers to good docs on manipulating these files would be
great (/etc/X11 area).....all I really wanted to do was add
to the number of workspaces under sawfish.

Besides, I am ever going to get gdm to replace xdm's XDMCP
capability, I will need to root about in that area anyhow.

Thanks again and good luck to all,

Christopher