Re: Building a Spec file

On Sun, Oct 15, 2000 at 10:00:56PM +0000, 1stFlight wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I downloaded the src.rpm for the latest Pan, but when I go to build it,
> it tells me I need gnomeConf.sh and the file cannot be located and sure
> enough it isn't there. I'm running the latest Helixgnome on Redhat 6.0,
> kernel 2.2.16  . Thanks

You need to install the development packages if you want to compile
GNOME software.  For every library package libfoo-*.rpm in Helix
GNOME, there is an accompanying libfoo-devel-*.rpm that contains the
development files necessary to compile programs against that library.
(This is not specific to Helix GNOME, in fact, but is standard
practice in packaging.)

The development files for Helix GNOME can be found on our ftp site,
ftp://ftp.helixcode.com/pub/helix/distributions/RedHat-6/.

--
Ian Peters
itp helixcode com