DNS Problem

I came across a strange error in Netscape and while starting GNOME.

I installed named a while back and it runs without (apparent) problems.
I also connect to the internet through a firewall using @home.

When GNOME starts it presents an odd message.  Here's what my /etc/hosts
file looks like:

127.0.0.1       localhost
192.168.0.1     suse1.timh      suse1	;every day Linux computer
192.168.0.2     su2.timh        su2	;my firewall
192.168.0.4     w95.timh        w95	;guess
192.168.0.5     fj.timh         fj	;fujitsu laptop running Linux
xx.xxx.x.xxx   fw.timh         fw	;masked, my @home static ip through my
firewall.

suse1 is the Linux computer I use everyday.

Anyway, the GNOME dialog box on initialization says something about
"can't find internet address suse1.  GNOME may not work properly," then
suggests I add it to /etc/hosts, which doesn't make sense.  If I elect
to continue GNOME runs normally.

I wouldn't take it seriously except Netscape periodically pops up the
same message when I access a new web page. Any ideas?
--
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing