Re: Sawfish problems

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 09:37:32AM +0100 or thereabouts, Alan Patterson wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I just installed the latest Gnome from Helixcode last night.
> However, sawfish does not appear to work properly. When I open an
> application, the window appears in the top left hand corner. Gnome-
> terminal has no frame and xemacs has a frame but it is off the screen.
> If I move the window using the desk guide, the frame appears.
>
> I have tried all the placement settings in the control centre and none
> seem to work. Other window managers seem to work fine.
>
> Any ideas ?

This has come up on #gnome and #gnome-help a _lot_. I don't use sawfish
and I don't use Helix, so take these with a grain of salt and test them
on a spare account first, perhaps :)

(a) Reselect your window manager theme. That should be all you need to
do.
(b) If (a) fails, delete ~/.sawfishrc (urrgh!)

I think (b) sucks :)

> Second, from control centre if I select the "Matched Windows" option
> for Sawfish configuration, it doesn't work. The sawfish-capplet takes up
> lots of CPU time but doesn't actually display in the control centre. I
> have to kill it.

Don't know about this one. I know the first one is in the bug-tracker
for Helix, but you might want to add to it that it occurs on Mandrake,
if that's not mentioned; and if there is no report for this second one,
add that in.

Hope at least some of that helps.

Telsa