Dumb question I am going to ask anyway

Since Control center thinks I do not have a current version of gnome-libs (I
do, 1.2.3) and will not, therefore, configure.  It occurred to me to ask the
dumb question.  The Helix code lists Suse 6.3 and 6.4, will it truly not
work on 6.2 ?  It would surely be easier than tracking down these errors.

I had installed the gnome version that comes with Suse 6.2, although I don't
think I ever ran it.  I removed it via YAST.  Is there anytihing else I
should do to make sure my system is clean for the install via source files
of the current version ?
Thanks