Re: kezbindings *!sic(

Ole Laursen wrote:

> > In the same vein, I would like to know, where I can put a central
> > gnome desktop setting that is available for all users (allowing this
> > possibly distributed via NIS).
>
> Desktop settings is a lot of things. If you are thinking about
> panel/sawfish/etc. settings, perhaps you could configure things like
> you want them to be, and then copy your .gnome and .sawfish
> directories to /etc/skel so that new users would get these settings as
> default. Or if you already have a lot of users, you could simply copy
> the directories directly to their home.

NO, you can't copy !
gnome developers stupidly write code that write the real pathname of the
users in the user gnome config files.

	grep /home  .gnome/panel.d/default/Applet_Config | head -2
parameters=/home/testigu/.gnome//panel.d/default/Applet_5.desktop
parameters=/home/testigu/.gnome//panel.d/default/Applet_6.desktop

For a long time I ask they write and interpret $HOME.
Many other people meet the problem.

Without garanty, you can sed all the original file or keep the original
user
as a permanent skel dir (igu for graphique user interface in french, so
you
inderstand the name testigu)

--
Nur der Kleingeist hält Ordnung, das Genie beherrscht das Chaos.
Seuls les petits esprits aiment l'ordre, le génie maitrîse le chaos.