Re: change gdm background

simeon wrote:

> hi, thanks for the answer but ... didn't work ...
>
> there must be a script from the distribution (SuSE 7.0) which changes
> this background after the Defautl scripts is run and so changes in
> Default make no sense because the settings are being changed once again
> anyway ...

Running SuSE 6.4 here, I don't use gdm, but my
/opt/gnome/etc/gdm/Init/Default calls:

/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xsetup_default

Inside this script is the following line:

background=${XDMDIR}/BackGround.xpm

Check it out, maybe this will work for you.

--
Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric denali atlnet com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein