Re: GNOME Performance (was Re: Suggestions)

Ruben!

> Is that Antholon Flag cause a big diffierence?

The -march options produce code that will not be backwards compatible
down the processor line. So -march=pentiumpro may not work if you stick
the resulting binary on an i386 or a pentium. The Athlon flag has made a
significant difference; it's quite noticable at least to me.

Mind you I tend to optimise for speed because I just hate slow systems
with an absolute passion :-)

DL
--
Don't you find it rather touching to behold
The OS that came in from the cold