Re: Using ALT in applications

On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 12:16:33PM -0700, dirk grunwald wrote:
> I'm certain this must be documented some place, but I couldn't find it
> after an hour.

You're kidding right?  It's probably _not_ documented someplace yet.  =)

> I use KDE over Gnome for one reason (otherwise, I find them about the same).
> In my default KDE installation (Mandrake 7.2 is the latest version), I can
> use e.g. Alt-F in Emacs and the Alt binding "gets through". In Gnome/Sawfish,
> it does not - pressing ALT causes a title bar change but it's not passed on
> to the app.
>
> There's got to be a way to disable this. I haven't been able to find it.
> Any help appreciated.

I'm fairly new to sawfish, but I believe what you're after is in the
sawfish "Bindings" controls.  You can access that from gnomecc or the
customize menu option in the middle-button root menu.

Hope that helps, it might even be correct.  =)

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd debian org>               GnuPG key 1024D/DCF9DAB3

<Epsilon3> Knghtbrd, if we wanted a lameass remark we would have said:
           Hey, neckro