testing GUI programs?

Hi,

I wonder whether this is any tool that can
*automatically* test a program with GUI. In order to
test GUI, I can manually click here and there each
time I change something.  A better solution is to use
another program that automatically clicks buttons and
fills in fields. If you know such a program for gnome,
please let me know.

If you use "Visual Test" from Rational Software
(http://www.rational.com/products/visual_test/index.jsp),
you know what I am talking about.  Visual Test works
for Microsoft Windows only.

I am new to this mailing list.  I searched mail
archives but did not find anything close.  If this has
already been discussed, please tell me how to find the
discussion.

Thank you very much.
Have a nice day.

=====
Robert Lee
Software Engineer

Make software as robust as cars---
     millions are running, none needs rebooting.