Re: Moving windows between virtual desktops (workspaces)

%% "Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero" <famrom idecnet com> writes:

  gsrfr> toralf kscanners com (2000-11-22 at 1456.18 +0100):

  >> 1. A way to select a window currently on a different desktop and move it
  >> to the current one without having to switch workspaces (this would be
  >> a window manager specific function.)

  gsrfr> Well, in Sawfish you can use keybindings to move windows. Dunno if to
  gsrfr> foo from other current, but I use move active window to others.

  >> 2. A pager that allows me to move windows from one desktop to another.
  >> (The one in Enlightenment will do this, but I'd rather use Sawfish
  >> than 'E' for various other reasons.)

  gsrfr> Yes, that is a feature I would like to see too.

FVWM's pager can do all of the above: you click and drag a window in the
pager and it is moved in real life..  The FVWM 2.3.x betas are GNOME
compliant.

The problem with using the keyboard is, how can you choose which window
you want to move?  It's easy to do something with the active window; not
so easy to do something with some random other window.

In FVWM, you might be able to do this somehow; you can make a window
active without actually switching the view to that page, then maybe you
could move it somewhere.  You might be able to bind this up with a
FvwmWinList function or something like that; you _might_ be able to get
it so you can choose a window from a transient (popup) winlist, then
have that moved to the current desktop.  Not sure.  Check with the
fvwm-workers fvwm org to see if anyone knows how/if that can be done.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith baynetworks com>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools