Re: Future Idea (waywayway future)

> O!  Please tell!  How do you do that!
>
> Now I'd have a good reason to logout each night!

in the /etc/X11/gdm directory are several files and subdirectories. In
the gdm.conf file is a line that selects the gtk theme that GDM will
use, I don't think the gdm text explains it very well, but it must be a
complete path to a gtkrc file as found in the theme directory.

in the Init directory is a file called Default, in here you can place
any commands you like, so I have xmatrix run as root, the command I use
is "xmatrix -root -density 20 -delay 100000 &"

This results in a light though efective xmatrix that uses around 2%
of the CPU on a PII 300.  I also have gkrellm running on my login screen
so that I can have aquick peek, see if I have any mail waitng before I
bother to log in.

I had to put a Default script in the presesion dirctory to kill the
xmatix otherwise it was still running when I logged in, loogs cool as a
back drop, but after five mins trying to do any real work it becomes
anoying.

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss