Complete computer crash when starting multiple gnome instances

Hello!

I have a bug/problem to report that I cannot really interpret.

My system: Sun Ultra-60 with Solaris 8, 18 GB hdd, 1 GB RAM, using
OpenWindows as X server, latest Helix Gnome installed.
When I start Gnome locally by one user and also on a remote display by
another user the workstation completely crashes, ie. the system is not
even pingable. Sometimes it is not even rebootable because OpenBoot
declares it cannot access the boot disk, so I have to power it off and
on.

Any ideas ? Is this problem known to someone ?

Thanks,

Torsten.