gnome-libs, compiling with gcc-2.95.2, on solaris 8

I'm getting an error message trying to run configure on gnome-libs-1.2.8:

checking for dbopen in -ldb... no
checking for dbopen in -ldb1... no
configure: error: Your db library is missing db 1.85 compatibility mode

so basically, im looking for a way to get this "db" library. I looked on freshmeat.net, but found nothing. Any ideas?

the config.log entries are below. Note that the GNU C library isn't supported on solaris 8 yet

thanks,
adam

configure:8191: checking for dbopen
configure:8219: gcc -o conftest -O3 -msupersparc -Wall -Wunused -I/usr/local/lib/glib/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/openwin/include conftest.c -lz -lresolv -lm 1>&5
Undefined first referenced
symbol in file
dbopen /var/tmp/ccIRlZOf.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 8196 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* System header to define __stub macros and hopefully few prototypes,
which can conflict with char dbopen(); below. */
#include <assert.h>
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error. */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply. */
char dbopen();
int main() {
/* The GNU C library defines this for functions which it implements
to always fail with ENOSYS. Some functions are actually named
something starting with __ and the normal name is an alias. */
#if defined (__stub_dbopen) || defined (__stub___dbopen)
choke me
#else
dbopen();
#endif
; return 0; }
configure:8322: checking for dbopen in -ldb
configure:8341: gcc -o conftest -O3 -msupersparc -Wall -Wunused -I/usr/local/lib/glib/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/openwin/include conftest.c -ldb -lz -lresolv -lm 1>&5
ld: fatal: library -ldb: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 8330 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error. */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply. */
char dbopen();
int main() {
dbopen()
; return 0; }
configure:8360: checking for dbopen in -ldb1
configure:8379: gcc -o conftest -O3 -msupersparc -Wall -Wunused -I/usr/local/lib/glib/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/openwin/include conftest.c -ldb1 -lz -lresolv -lm 1>&5
ld: fatal: library -ldb1: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 8368 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"