Re: Gnome DVI viewer?

> It may be logical but it is also dangerous.  There are many subtle
> points that arise with xdvi, eg incorporation of PS and other
> graphics, as will be clear to anyone who scans comp.text.tex .  In
> my opinion you are very unlikely to get anyone to maintain a rival
> dvi reader to the same level of competence as Paul Vojta does with
> xdvi.

My impression of xdvi is also that it is actually quite advanced in
what is going on behind the scene. But the graphical frontend is so
small that it probably wouldn't be too difficult to separate it and
add in a Gnome one too. However, I haven't looked at the source so I
wouldn't really know.

--
Ole Laursen
http://sunsite.auc.dk/olau/