Pasting into gnome-terminal

Hello here :)

Versions first. I use gnome-terminal 1.2.3, XEmacs 21.1 (patch 9) on sparc
solaris 7, SUN X server 11.0.

When I copy some text into clipboard in XEmacs (copy-primary-selection) and
then try to paste it in gnome-terminal it says "Selection retrieval
failed". I know about weird stuff of motif and X clipboards and that they
aren't always the same. It seems XEmacs copies text into motif clipboard
while gnome-terminal tries to paste from X clipboard (correct me if I am
wrong).

But when I used xterm (took it from XFree distribution, not the one that
comes with SUN openwindows) it was able to paste text from motif clipboard
when I pressed "Paste" (F18) key (it is one of special keys on SUN
keyboards).

So, the question is, is it possible to make gnome-terminal to paste from
motif clipboard (preferred, because not only XEmacs copies into it,
netscape and some other apps do it as well) or how to make XEmacs copy into
X selection too (guess I'll go ask in comp.emacs.xemacs if I don't get the
answer here).

Thanks in advance.
--
Gregory