Re: Global environment variables under Gnome?

Mart van de Wege wrote:

> [...]

I think this depends on how it's configured. On our setup (Red Hat's default,
I believe), the default is to start Xsession, which will in turn issue
gnome-session. This may be confusing in the sense that the environment could
be different from the one you get when selecting "Gnome" explicitly, but it
means that a gdm login session will be identical to an xdm one unless you
explicitly tell it to be different, which I think is good.

> Also, according to another nice scandinavian sounding guy (Erik
> Bågfors) adding the right export

... or '#!/bin/bash -login'

> statements to
> /etc/gdm/Sessions/Gnome should do it, but after a recent recompile,

> Mozilla (31/7/00 nightly) still refuses to start from the panel (runs
> absolutely fine from a term though). This is getting me quite
> thoroughly stumped, and I don't want to edit the startup script every
> recompile. More help out there? Please?

Actually, all our gdm session scripts start with '#!/bin/bash -login', too.,
so perhaps you should try to change these as well. Using '-login' alll over
the place could mean that /etc/profile or similar is sourced more than one
time, but this shouldn't matter too much.

- Toralf