Re: deskguide crashes

On Sun, Oct 29, 2000 at 01:45:14PM -0800, Josh Steiner wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 01:51:10PM -0700, Josh Steiner wrote:
> > > Since the addition of the pretty little images in the deskguide
> > > applet, it crashes a lot, at seemingly random times.  is this a
> > > known issue, or should i send a stack trace?
> >
> > Josh, I think this should be fixed in the latest gnome-core release.
> > What version are you using?
> >

> Actually i am running the latest version from helix-update and it still
> crashes at random times, but usually when i am closing programs. (this
> time it crashed while i was loading a big sound file in KWave)
>
> #4  0x8052542 in gwm_thumb_nail_update_drawable ()
> #5  0x8053f8b in thumb_queue_step ()
> #6  0x400a404d in g_timeout_dispatch () from /usr/lib/libglib-1.2.so.0

Hi Josh,

This stack trace and problem description is consistent with hundreds
of other bug reports since 1.2.2 about random deskguide_applet crashes
(all seemingly due to the thumb nailing).  I've raised the issue with
the hackers, it's being worked on.  Jacob recently made it so
thumbnails are disabled by default, so I'd suggest for now you just
disable the thumbnailing.

Jason.